Re: [opensuse-buildservice] setup trouble
Am Montag, 21. Februar 2011, 12:12:05 schrieb Robert Schweikert:

On 02/21/2011 11:42 AM, Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Montag, 21. Februar 2011, 11:30:24 schrieb Robert Schweikert:

On 02/21/2011 11:26 AM, Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Montag, 21. Februar 2011, 11:24:48 schrieb Robert Schweikert:

On 02/21/2011 04:45 AM, Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Sonntag, 20. Februar 2011, 07:49:12 schrieb Robert Schweikert:
Hi,

I am having a little trouble getting the osc commands working on a
laptop. AFAIK there's nothing special.

Running openSUSE 11.3, x86-64, GNOME desktop

-> rpm -qa | grep osc
osc-0.127-1.3.noarch

When I run "osc help" I am prompted to setup KDE wallet, not that big
of
a deal but I do not remember doing this previously when I setup osc on
another machine. (I do not have an alias ala "osc --no-keyring" setup).

That would be a bug of python-keyring, if the wrong plugin is used.

Please try the osc version from openSUSE:Tools in any case first.

Upgraded to 0.130.1

Do you have any $KDE_* enviroment variable set ?

No KDE environment variable set

Still getting the kdewallet popup asking for the password?

What else can I try?

From where do you get the python-keyring package ? The bug is most likely
there ...

I do not have a python-keyring package on either, the working or
non-working, machine

Both machines have the following packages:

-> rpm -qa | grep keyring | sort
gnome-keyring-2.30.1-3.3.1.x86_64
gnome-keyring-lang-2.30.1-3.3.1.noarch
gnome-keyring-pam-2.30.1-3.3.1.x86_64
gnome-keyring-pam-32bit-2.30.1-3.3.1.x86_64
gnome-keyring-sharp-1.0.0-5.1.noarch
libgnome-keyring0-2.30.1-2.3.1.x86_64
libgnome-keyring0-32bit-2.30.1-2.3.1.x86_64

oh, so it looks osc is using libgomekeyring, which seems to start kwallet ?
(gnome-keyring support without python-keyring was very broken in the past
blocking
multiple people in getting osc running. Can you try if

unset GNOME_DESKTOP_SESSION_ID

This was set to:

GNOME_DESKTOP_SESSION_ID=this-is-deprecated

is helping ?

No, after removing the variable from the environment I get the same
behavior. Installed python-keyring and python-keyring-gnome, but this
did not change the behavior either.

Please create a bugreport for this to avoid to pollute this mailing list.
And please add the information there about what kind of OS we do speak here
about.
Also some strace may help.

SUSE Linux Products GmbH