[opensuse-buildservice] Project Home for openastro.
On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 7:21 PM, Paul Elliott
<pelliott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I do not think that packagers should be making editorial comments about the
nature of astrology in classifying it. "Entertainment" "Games" and
"PseudoScience" are as bad as "Science" or "Education". Some take astrology
seriously.

Quite right.

Linux is about freedom. Let each individual be free to make up his or her own
mind about larger issues. Packagers should package programs accurately letting
users decide questions of worth.

Agreed, though sometimes guidance is warranted.

I suggest some neutral classification such as "graphics". All will agree that
astrology programs produce graphical output.

Some people like looking at horoscopes only to enjoy looking at the unusual
symbols.

True, but it does not serve the purpose of creating graphics, and if I
was browsing for an astrology program, I wouldn't think to look there.
The suggestion for Entertainment is not meant to be facetious: many
people regard Astronomy, Tarot and the like as enjoyable hobbies and a
form of entertainment, even when taking them seriously.

cheers,

Helen

-
IRC: helen_au