Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Moving a package to another project maintaining history (and Release.Build)
  • From: Anas Nashif <nashif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 22:34:58 +0000

On 2010-12-22, at 9:22 PM, Martin Mohring wrote:

On 12/22/2010 04:41 PM, Anas Nashif wrote:
Hi,
Is there an easy way to move packages while maintaining the source change
history and the release.build numbers?

Anas--

I have done such manipulations already for restoring complete OBS
systems. It is possible with some handy work.

Yes, I know about the "hand" work, I just want to be able to do that using the
API :)

With that method, I have restored complete OBS systems incl. the SQL DB
from the meta data in XML format.

Been there, done that. It is not pleasant and works well when moving complete
projects, but is tedious when doing that a package per package basis!.

Anas

Martin