Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS @ FOSDEM?
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 10:11:47 +0100
On Thursday 02 December 2010 08:45:17 Sascha Peilicke wrote:
Hi,

We at Nomovok Ltd. have a couple of OBS installations running here,
mainly for building natively on ARM workers.

We have recently started to develop an extension we call worker pool.
The
idea is that several OBS instances can share workers from a common pool
in a controlled way. The extension will be open source.

Sounds interesting, is the source already published somewhere or do plan to
publish it alongside your talk?

yep, I would esp. interessted what the "controlled way" is ;)

We have also some ideas here to improve that (beside that one worker farm can
be used already by multipled OBS servers, but not controlled at all yet ...)

We intend to publish our work at FOSDEM 2011 in form of a lightning
talk.
Does anybody else from the OBS community plan to attend FOSDEM in any
way?

In principle, yes. But we haven't sorted out yet who's to go and what talk
(topic-wise) to hold.

Yes, I hope Sascha, Michael and me will be there. But we have not discussed
this yet ...

SUSE Linux Products GmbH