Re: [opensuse-buildservice] project hasn't starting building for 20 hours and counting...
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 09:12:30 -0500
On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 8:55 AM, Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Am Freitag 03 Dezember 2010 schrieb Roger Oberholtzer:
On Fri, 2010-12-03 at 13:46 +0100, Stephan Kulow wrote:
What the dispatcher should aim for is decreasing the average time of
waiting for a package result - if noone waits for it, there is no reason
to touch it.

I hope you mean "there is no need to be in a rush to rebuild it". I have
a few packages that I know have minimal usage. Still, they do get used.
It would be nice if they eventually get updated. There is no urgency
that it be done quickly. But it would be nice if they eventually get
rebuilt.

Sure, we're only talking about priorities.

Greetings, Stephan

On the gui, there is a rebuild now button. Could it or some other
explicit mechanism be used for the user to tell the scheduler to bump
the priority one notch. Sort of like nice -1.

That way packages that don't have a real user asking for them to build
get an inherently lower priority.

Greg