Re: [opensuse-buildservice] project hasn't starting building for 20 hours and counting...
  • From: Frederic Crozat <fcrozat@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2010 11:24:55 +0100
Le vendredi 03 décembre 2010 à 11:06 +0100, Stephan Kulow a écrit :
Am Freitag 03 Dezember 2010 schrieb Hans-Peter Jansen:

OTOH, monster projects like windows:mingw:win{32,64} seem to be
preferred for some reason. At least, they built several hundred
packages during the last two days, while _none_ of mine.

Douglas, see, it still can get worser.

We'll have to be patient and should be happy, if it finally builds
something for us, too..

This is a problem we discussed just yesterday - we see it too and
want to solve it, but we're unsure how.

One thing to do surely is to clean up stuff that noone touched for years.
Adrian sent around a list of projects to get rid of repositories, but so far
it wasn't yet done - but this will only help a bit.

There are two some key facts about the dispatching:
- repositories that see a lot of downloads are preferred
- projects that create a lot of load get punished
- packages that were touched in the last 24 hours are preferred

The number of downloads that are the base of the priorities, you can find
here: http://www.suse.de/~coolo/repo.list

You have to scroll a lot to find home:sipfoundry - which leads to the fact
that it doesn't get _any_ priority. It's just one of many home projects and
as such it gets build power only when everything else is finished (not exactly
that black & white, but towards that).

That windows:mingw:win32 gets _so_ much build power shouldn't happen either
(its openSUSE_Factory repo #1279 in the repo list, so it's ok if it's build
more often than random home projects not downloaded, but it should get a
"fair" share, which I guess is less than what it gets right now).

One additional thing we discussed was prefering projects that have recent
changes assuming that it's more likely that people look at it.

Well, it is a problem for me : I've been working on cleaning Sugar
project since Tuesday, creating a branch
( home:fcrozat:branches:X11:Sugar ) for all package in X11:Sugar and
disabling publishing until I had something working. And now, I'm stucked
with packages in scheduled for two days. I've tried to enable publishing
but of course, it won't happen until the full project is built :(

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat@xxxxxxxxxx>
Novell