Re: [opensuse-buildservice] one click install for fedora, mandrivia
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 11:38:19 +0100
On Thu, 2010-11-25 at 16:26 +0000, Andrew Wafaa wrote:
On Thu, 2010-11-25 at 10:10 -0600, Paul Elliott wrote:

I have not used this feature in so long I have forgotten
how do you set up mandrivia, fedora so that one click
install works? Where is this documented?

When I tried it, it gave me a dialog that let me download
a ymp file. What do I do with this file?

I'm not so sure that they support the 1Click mechanism, I think you'll
find it is an openSUSE/SLE feature only.

As for the downloaded ymp you can open it in any editor that can cope
with xml and then extrapolate the repository and package requirements
from there. Those distros don't understand the information being
passed.

Is there a description of the ymp file? I looked around the opensuse
site and did not seem to see any.

For example, is it possible to tell it only to install a package it it
is not already installed?

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST