Re: [opensuse-buildservice] osc requestmaintainership
  • From: Pavol Rusnak <prusnak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 19:29:58 +0100
On 24/11/10 18:43, Marcus Hüwe wrote:
On 2010-11-24 18:23:38 +0100, Pavol Rusnak wrote:
On 24/11/10 16:44, Marcus Hüwe wrote:
I just committed a slightly modified version of your patch (see
6d89fee500ba29fffd9385903ffd1cbb4886c866).
Thanks for the patch!

I just pushed a commit[1] which renames requestmaintainership command to
requestrole. It makes much more sense and is nicer.

Hmm I'm not quite sure if this is a good change. If we change it to
requestrole I would expect something like
a different role via a "--role" option).

Well, all (whatever)request and request(whatever) commands need serious
overhaul. We should think about that ...

Do we want osc to write "requestmaintainership is obsolete, use
requestrole instead" when requestmaintainership is used?
IMHO the "old" cmds should be aliases for "requestrole" instead of
simply dropping them. What do you think?

In case semantics change (you add role parameter as mandatory) then it
should not be alias.

Feel free to change anything or revert my commit completely ...

--
Best Regards / S pozdravom,

Pavol RUSNAK SUSE LINUX, s.r.o
openSUSE Boosters Team Lihovarska 1060/12
PGP 0xA6917144 19000 Praha 9
prusnak[at]opensuse.org Czech Republic