Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How to configure obs-workers to use Xen/KVM?
  • From: Francisco Javier Cuadrado <francisco.cuadrado@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 15:11:41 +0100
2010/11/10 Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>:
Am Mittwoch, 10. November 2010, 09:55:10 schrieb Francisco Javier Cuadrado:
Hi, again!

In case you want to use the LVM setup, you can setup these partitions
like described here:

 http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_Appliance

The obsworker init script will pick automatically partitions which are
named in the /dev/obs/worker_root_? scheme.

Now, I read that article and I've created the following partitions:

/dev/sda1 -> boot
/dev/sda2 -> LVM2
/dev/OBS -> Volume Group
/dev/OBS/root -> root
/dev/OBS/home ->home
/dev/OBS/swap -> swap

These are the basic filesystem structure.

/dev/OBS/worker_root_{1,2} -> My OBS workers' root
/dev/OBS/worker_swap_{1,2} -> My OBS workers' swap

These are the OBS workers' logic volumes.

But OBS workers have failed showing the following log:
http://pastie.org/1281327

Any idea?

Someone from the #opensuse-buildservice IRC channel told me that in
the previous log OBS can't install bash-static and mount-static, then
after installing these packages OBS still fails and now it gives me
the following log: http://pastie.org/1286549

Any idea? It seems that OBS doesn't recognize LVM volume group and
logic volumes.

The binfmt_misc kernel modul seems not to be available.

You may need to add it to your initrd.

Thanks, I've forgotten to say that I can solve this problem with the
help of dl9pf from the opensuse-buildservice IRC channel.

Only I have to add "virtio_blk binfmt_misc" to INITRD_MODULES= in
file '/etc/sysconfig/kernel' and run 'mkinitrd' command.

Anyway, thanks!

--
Francisco Javier Cuadrado

SPAIN-CHINA-HONG KONG-POLAND