Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Building packages using the tar_scm source service
On 2010-10-18 11:02:41 +0200, Johannes Weberhofer wrote:
I have created a package which automatically checks out it's sources using
svn. It creates a tar-ball.

I have two questions:

* When the revision number changes, I guess, the file-name changes, too; is
there a way to automatically detect the current number?

If you specified a version parameter in the _service file for the
tar_scm service the filename doesn't change otherwise the filename
is changed. In order to update your spec file version with the current
filename version you can use the "set_version" service (this may only
work with a trivial spec file).

* RPMLINT tells me "Files bigger than 100k should be bzip2'ed in order to
save space."; is there a way to compress the tar automatically?

You can use the "recompress" service to bzip2 etc. the checked out
file.

The best is to have a look at some existing _service files, for
instance openSUSE:Tools:Unstable/osc/_service.

Marcus