Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How can I configure download on demand to use an RPM repository?
  • From: Martin Mohring <martinmohring@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2010 18:01:48 +0200
Michael E Brown wrote:
On Sun, Oct 03, 2010 at 02:57:25PM -0500, Marcus Hüwe wrote:

I just wrote a small patch to support the "update dod meta" feature.
If you set up an initial dod repo the scheduler downloads the
required metadata automatically. Additionally you can create a so
called "refreshdodmeta" event so that the scheduler updates the dod
metadata and cleans up the :full dir (removes unneeded binaries).

TODO:
* api support for the refreshdodmeta event (trivial)
* add download support for susetags and debmd (probably also trivial)
* support project meta changes (for instance update the dodmeta if
the <download /> tag has changed, remove binaries if the
<download /> tag is removed? etc.)

Feedback, objections to the patch/the current design are welcome:)

This is pretty nice. I'm due to rebuild my local dev instance, so I'll see if
can fit some time in to try this patch. It sounds workable for what we do, ie.
cron rsync of update repos. We can update the repos and add a step to run the
refresh OBS too.
--
Michael

I think you mean update support for susetags and debmd, basically DoD
works for all 3 Meta Tag formats.