[opensuse-buildservice] OBS 2.1 Beta 2 released
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 14:58:16 +0200

OBS 2.1 Beta 2 released
=======================

This release contains some more changes as original wanted, so
please consider this a Beta 1 take two...

Larger code changes happened in

* sourceaccess flag handling, people who already protect crown jewels
via this should update immediatly.

* api allows to limit new user registration now. It can be set
to deny user registration (except for Admin) or to require
additional confirmation step by the Admin.

* webui offers a UI for a new user registration.

We still have a number of open issues, so we will need for sure
a Beta 3 release. Open issues are:

* Regression when trying to access source files of deleted packages
(not possible anymore).

* webui needs some layout fixes for
- new user registration dialog
- linked package view

* fixes in source service area.

OBS 2.1 Beta 2 is tagged as version 2.0.104, you can get as usual packages
from

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/openSUSE:/Tools:/Unstable/

or installation medias or appliances from

http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/OBS-Appliance

Please send bugreports to our new "openSUSE Build Service" product in bugzilla:

https://bugzilla.novell.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=openSUSE%20Build%20Service

SUSE Linux Products GmbH