Re: [opensuse-buildservice] For OBS Service setup with mutiple hosts
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 13:45:50 +0200
On Thursday 26 August 2010 12:30:48 Hou, Jingdu wrote:
Hi,

I am strongly confused recently!

I firstly setup a OBS Server with API server, web, SRC server, mySQL, 18
workers etc. in a host (OS is Opensuse 11.3), I can completed a full build
about 9 hours.
Then I want to add more workers to increase the performance, I setup one more
host, configure 18 workers (changed the configure file
/etc/sysconfig/obs-workers) to make sure they can work for the same
API(totally 36 workers now). But I can completed a full build about 15 hours
now.

The question is that why when I double the workers, I need more time to
complete a full build? It makes me crazy.

you may have added slower engines which picked a long building job (which other
jobs rely on).

So in total you have a longer build time.

You can see in the monitor page if your build clients were used to which degree
in the last hours.

Any comments, suggestion or documents on this?

Appreciate if anyone can response!

Thanks,
Jingdu

SUSE Linux Products GmbH