[opensuse-buildservice] Home Project vs. SubProject
  • From: Srivats P <pstavirs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 22:24:51 +0530
Hi,

I just started using the OBS to package Ostinato
(http://code.google.com/p/ostinato) for several distros - this is a
fantastic service!

I'm however not sure if I should build packages in the "home" project
or create a subproject and build packages within the subproject. From
all I've read/seen till now they seem to be equivalent in all
respects. Is there a recommended practice or convention?

Also as I release new versions of Ostinato, I would like to retain the
packages of older versions while releasing new versions - note I don't
mean different RPM releases for the same program version but different
program versions. How do I achieve this (creating a new
subproject/package for every new program version seems wasteful).

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Srivats