Re: [opensuse-buildservice] adding files to a package via osc
  • From: Christian Daudt <csd_b@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 11:20:50 -0700
On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 10:50 AM, Juergen Weigert <jw@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Jul 26, 10 14:51:25 +0000, doiggl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello,
As an example, I have this package on the build service.

osc shows:

# osc ls home:doiggl mozbot
mozbot-2.6.tar.gz
mozbot.spec
wizard.xml

Is it possible to add a file to the package <mozbot> without having to

No. 'osc add' and 'osc ci' both require a checkout copy.

I actually have a similar question: I have a script that I call to do
an update to my package via osc, and it already knows that it will
have to replace some files. I would like to avoid downloading a big
tarball which I already know will be replaced...
I tried "--limit-size 0" but it didn't have the expected/desired
results - it doesn't track local files so "osc add/addremove" doesn't
work. Any suggestions? I thought limit-size was meant for this - what
is the purpose of it if you end up with a non-functioning checkout?

thanks,
Christian.

checkout the package
e.g
  osc cd home:doiggl:mozbot

:-) nice idea. But I fear this is non-trivial...

By the way osc help shows this at the end

For additional information, see
* http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service_Tutorial
* http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/CLI

And I found
http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/CLI has No text on that page

Fixed both URLs in the wiki with redirects. They suffered from migrating
into a new structure.  Pushed all(!) of the new URLs into osc git 8830d39.

       cheers,
               JW-

--
 o \  Juergen Weigert  paint it green!    __/ _=======.=======_