Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How to make obs server create database in repository?
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 15:41:37 +0200
On Wednesday 07 July 2010 10:04:45 Leaf John wrote:
HI,

I've setup a obs v2.0 on an opensuse 11.2 machine, make it build
packages for meego platform.
it could genereate rpms and gathered into a repository, but this
repository doesn't contains database files.
I look into bs_publish source code, find the server will use
qsystem('createrepo', '-q', '-c', "$extrep/repocache",
@updateargs, @createrepoargs, @legacyargs, $extrep)
to create repo, and if there is a '-d' paramter to createrepo,
datbases will be gnerated.

My question is, how to config a project or obs server in order to
make the databases generated automatically?

We don't have a publishing mode for that yet (you can in general configure
repository modes via prjconf).

We could add it, but I heard (dunno if it is true) that Fedora wants to
go away from these sqlite databases as well. And for SUSE (and MeeGo or any
other libzypp based distro) it would be more interesting to have support
for the solv files (to generate and download them directly).

So I am not sure that it makes too much sense to add support for sqlite.
But if someone wants to create a patch ... ;)

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH