Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Can we please get ARM builds for 11.3+1?
  • From: Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 01:09:27 +0200 (CEST)

On Wednesday 2010-06-30 23:14, Peter Czanik wrote:
4. What other problems do you see with creating openSUSE builds for ARM
that I forgot to mention here?

Existence of real hardware.

Find a manufacturer who sells Linux-ready ARM systems that don't
need fiddling.

Well, I have some of these systems on my desk :-)

http://www.genesi-usa.com/products/efika
http://www.globalscaletechnologies.com/p-22-sheevaplug-dev-kit-us.aspx
Not yet on my desk: http://www.alwaysinnovating.com/touchbook/info.htm a
http://beagleboard.org/

Mh... sheeva looks too small, beagle too fiddlely, the touchbook looks a bit
weak for its size.

If anything, the EFIKA looks stuffed enough to be considered.
But probably needs an array of 20 to get the required compute output.