Re: [opensuse-buildservice] package conflicts with SLES 11 sp1 migration patch
  • From: "Andrew Daugherity" <adaugherity@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 11:13:45 -0500
On Tue, 2010-06-29 at 18:34 +0200, Michael Schroeder wrote:
On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 11:08:42AM -0500, Andrew Daugherity wrote:
Some packages installed via the build service (notably,
apache2-mod_auth_mysql [1]) conflict with the sp1 migration patch

This is the Build Service mailing list, you should probably ask
on some other list about package manager problems.

My apologies, is there a more appropriate list to discuss problems with
build service repositories and which distros they're built for? The
only other list I saw that seemed remotely connected to this was
opensuse-softwaremgmt, but it appears to be dead.

But that's probably not the intention of the "Obsoletes", my
guess is that "apache2-mod_auth_mysql-3.0.0-15" should be
installed instead.

Is it correct that I should continue using packages from "SLE 11" repos
in sp1, etc.?

Probably not for packages that are included in SP1. As there seems
to be a "apache2-mod_auth_mysql" in SP1 you're no longer in
a supported state when you install the package from the build service.

I can't find a package of version 3.0.0-15 anywhere in the build
service, and the package does not appear to be included in SLES11 sp1
(it's not in the SLES11-SP1-pool repo). I am already aware that
packages from the build service are not included in the SLES support
contract. I'm OK with the "uninstall mod_auth_mysql, install migration
patch, reinstall mod_auth_mysql" workaround as long as it's not
reflecting a deeper problem.

I'll try emailing the "bugowner" of the Apache:Modules project (since
there are seven "maintainers") for further guidance. Thanks for your
pointers.

--
Andrew Daugherity <adaugherity@xxxxxxxx>
Texas A&M University