Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How to deal with soversion bumps in factory
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 08:44:25 +0200
On Saturday 26 June 2010 20:52:22 Jan Engelhardt wrote:
Hi,

to start compiling openSUSE Factory for SPARC, I started off with a new
project that used 11.2 as a <path>, among other things such as tweaking
the prjconf a little.

So, post-build-checks happens to get built, and is built with a link to
librpm.so.0. Later on, rpm itself gets built, providing librpm.so.1.
Subsequently, post-build-checks (or rpmlint, one of the two) gets an
expansion error because it wants librpm.so.0 -- and in turn, all other
packages also go into expansion error because p-b-c is used during
build.

For the time being, I ripped these two from the prjconf so that it
starts again building, but that may not work for the packages more
essential than p-b-c and rpmlint (which are just "Support" in prjconf),
such as libblkid.

I wonder how build.opensuse.org's openSUSE:Factory deals with these
kinds of situations that can bring an entire project build to a halt.

In most of these cases, we need anyway a compatibility package. So we have
two packages with the library in both versions.

As an OBS admin you can of course also inject binary packages, but this is
usually not needed.

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH