Re: [opensuse-buildservice] can't enable anonymous access
  • From: Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 16:45:36 +0200 (CEST)

Adrian Schroeter wrote on June 12 2010:

I know that you can enable anonymous access from
/srv/www/obs/api/config/options.yml. Is that all you have to do? I
can't seem to get it to work.

yes, but you need to configure both:

allow_anonymous: true
webui_host: build.opensuse.org

webui_host specifies which webui is allowed with anonymous access.

But _what_ do I put into webui_host? "localhost"? An IP address?
What if I have to specify multiple webui hosts' addresses?

---
16:44 ares:../api/config # cat options.yml
#exception_recipients: ['webclient_noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxx']

# add also webui_host setting if you want allow anonymous read access via webui
allow_anonymous: true
webui_host: ares.medozas.de
#build.opensuse.org

# should be set always
webui_url: http://ares.medozas.de:80/

# make use of
# http://blog.lighttpd.net/articles/2006/07/22/x-sendfiles-new-friend-x-rewrite
# note that you need to enable the proxy-core option to allow this
#use_lighttpd_x_rewrite: true
---

As it stands like that, no anonymous viewing is allowed right now, and it's
impossible to figure out. Yes, lighttpd has been restarted.