[opensuse-buildservice] When do I know that a package is published?
  • From: Dave Plater <davejplater@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 11:23:17 +0200
Hi, once upon a previous osc, osc r used to display "package is
published" and I could run zypper ref on the repo and install it.
Nowadays it displays "finished: succeeded" and then goes to "succeeded"
and I have to run zypper ref and zypper if until (sometimes half a day)
I see the version that matches the built package. What happened to the
published notification? I'm sure it must be sorely missed by some. It's
fine if I finish working on the package and then go off and do something
else for the rest of the day but if I'm trying to fix a bug and want to
see the effects of a patch and know that I have the time to work on it
today but will be tied up for the rest of the week.
Please bring back a notification that the package is available in the
repo and some indication of how long will help us poor backroom
community maintainers who's only reward is the satisfaction of a job
well done.
Thanks
Dave P