Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Ubuntu universe
  • From: Pau Garcia i Quiles <pgquiles@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 19:26:08 +0200
On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 7:21 PM, Marcus Rueckert <darix@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2010-04-26 19:13:58 +0200, Pau Garcia i Quiles wrote:
ABI is never broken in a release. Updates are always binary-compatible.

That is the theory. In reality ... this is not always the case.
I just had to do a bugfix in lighttpd because the openssl security
update, changed how the error code had to be checked.

That is a bug. Bugs happen. That was not meant to happen.

- repositories with rolling releases.

I don't know what you mean. Please explain.

rolling releases are projects which have no real freeze. they are
constantly updating, also version updates.

That'd be the case with Debian sid, rawhide, ubuntu+1, etc but I was
not asking for those. I was asking for universe for already-released
versions. Rolling releases do not apply for what I am asking.

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org