Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Ubuntu universe
  • From: Pau Garcia i Quiles <pgquiles@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 18:26:48 +0200
On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 1:01 PM, Dominique Leuenberger
<Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 4/26/2010 at 12:53, Alexey Eremenko <al4321@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I think a better idea would be to remove legal liability from Novell.

That is import _all_ the packages from all distros to openSUSE
project. So if any issues should arise Novell will not be responsible
anyway.

I wish it would be so easy to waive off any legal liability :)

At best Novell can argue with 'un-knowledge' of data imported and having to
remove them as soon as informed by 3rd parties, but that is already moot
and would certainly not work if those packages are imported in a space where
only Novell has rights to write. And giving external parties write
permission solely to circumvent this does not sound very legal-fool-proof.

So now every mirror of Ubuntu is also liable for some unknown,
yet-to-be-discovered and yet-to-be-proven break of law? Guys, come on

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org