Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Ubuntu universe
  • From: Pau Garcia i Quiles <pgquiles@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 18:19:47 +0200
Packages with may pose legal trouble are in *multiverse* not in universe.

no, I found  enough illegal packages in universe. Stuff which contains
codec
code and friends.

Adrian, please provide some examples.

for example all the ffmpeg packages, but one need to look in each source
package
for to find more.

ffmpeg is available in Debian Lenny in OBS. I just built a package
(zoomer) with a fake build-dependency on ffmpeg for Lenny and it built
fine, which means ffmpeg is available.

Do you mean ffmpeg fine if in Debian but not if in Ubuntu? Given that
they come from the very same source tarball (Ubuntu packages are
mostly unmodified Debian's), that looks surprising to me.

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org