Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Project classifications
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 10:13:30 -0400
On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 9:41 AM, Pavol Rusnak <prusnak@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On 04/23/2010 01:24 PM, Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Freitag, 23. April 2010 13:00:09 schrieb Dominique Leuenberger:
On 4/23/2010 at 10:53, Adrian Schröter<adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:

STABLE -- project is considered to be ready to use for End-Users
TESTING -- project should work from point of developer view, but needs
verification
DEVELOPMENT -- project is random state, it might work.
BROKEN -- project is known to be not working atm.

Am I right in assuming that BROKEN is a state that would never be shown on
the search results?
I would maybe favor a different name, like INTERNALUSE or whatever (or
having this as an additional state).

Why? I'd like to have my 'playgrounds' tagged in a way to be sure users are
not getting there in any way until instructed to do so. I'm not willing
to get any bugreports for any such repository. so excluding it
intentionally from the search result is a good thing, tagging it as
'BROKEN' would  not
be the right 'word' for it (internal testing).

k, makes sense to me. But I would just name it "INTERNAL" or "PRIVATE" .

"INTERNAL" or "PRIVATE" is fine, but I would stick home:* projects to
this state without any option to override this. It would encourage
contributions to devel projects and using home:* project as install repo
is not good anyway.

Are all projects really supposed to pushed out of home projects once
they're stable.

For instance:

I have a OBS home project for open2300. It has very few users and I
would not be shocked to find out no one but me has downloaded it, but
to my knowledge it is the only place to download a installable
package, instead of source.

(ie. The home page for the project used to only reference the source.
Its a wiki, so I built the package via OBS in my home directory and
edited the wiki page to refer to it.)

Is something with that small an audience really supposed to be pushed
into a more formal repo? If so, which one in my case?

fyi: open2300 is a program for reading the data records of a LaCrosse
Weather Station via rs-232 port.

Greg