Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: Would it be possible to build openpkg rpms with OBS
  • From: Richard Bos <rbos@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 23:33:09 +0200
Hello Adrian,

At dinsdag 13 april 2010 23:17:22 wrote Richard Bos:
Hi Adrian,

At dinsdag 13 april 2010 12:58:51 wrote Adrian Schröter:
Would it be possible to build openpkg rpms with OBS? I would think
that an image should exist that contains the openpkg environment,
and that a build target "openpkg_3.0 (i586|x86_64)" would exist.
If something like this would be possible, I would think that it
is to be used in a private build service. I can not imagine
that you would maintain the openpkg image, or would you ;) ?

I personally would not mind to host another base distro.

Someone already did something with openpkg:
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=OpenPKG
Maintainer is thl probably Thomas L, the openpkg vice president
according this link:
https://irc.openpkg.net/ratbot/secretary.community.log

:) That would be great.
:
But where would I get binary rpms from ? There are only official src.rpm
releases, right ?

Rpms can be downloaded from
http://files.kolab.org/server/release/kolab-server-2.2.3/
There are rpms for Debian system ;) and src.rpm for other systems.

I think that packages can be downloaded from http://openpkg.org as well. But
one needs to register.

I'm currently building the src.rpms, which is rather trivial:
download the src.rpms, and execute a bootstrap script. This will install
the bin.rpms in /kolab. The install will also add 3 users to the system.
I wonder what would be easier for a build system image: just download the
src.rpms and run the bootscript or download the binaries and install them
manually. The first is fully automated, but slow (building the rpms takes
time), the 2nd method not automated.... I actually don't know how that
goes (as it involved bootstrap a new rpmdb in /kolab/lib/openpkg/rpmdb)

The packages are build, in total 129 packages and 246MB. The build started
with the following packages:
/kolab/RPM/PKG # ls -tr | head -20 | sed 's/.ix86.*//'

openpkg-20071227-20071227_kolab2

make-3.81-20080101

binutils-2.18-20080101

gcc-4.2.2-20080101

perl-5.10.0-20080103

openpkg-tools-1.4.6-20071231

openssl-0.9.8g-20080101

db-4.5.20.2-20070628_kolab1

fsl-1.7.0-20080101

readline-5.2.12-20080101

openldap-2.3.43-20081212

procmail-3.22-20090727

ncurses-5.6.20080112-20080113

texinfo-4.11-20080101

pcre-7.5-20080110
grep-2.5.3-20080101
m4-1.4.9-20080101
bison-2.3-20080101
groff-1.19.2-20080101
sasl-2.1.22-20080101
perl-openpkg-5.10.0-20080109
perl-module-5.10.0-20080101
perl-util-5.10.0-20080116
perl-stats-5.10.0-20080101
perl-ds-5.10.0-20080104
perl-time-5.10.0-20080101
postfix-2.4.6-20080101_kolab
mm-1.4.2-20080101
gawk-3.1.6-20080101
sqlite-3.6.4-20081212
mhash-0.9.9-20080101
libiconv-1.12-20080101
imap-2006k-20080101
autoconf-2.61-20080101
automake-1.10-20080101
gettext-0.17-20080101
zlib-1.2.3-20080101
libxml-2.6.31-20080111
flex-2.5.34-20080101
libmcrypt-2.5.8-20080101
sed-4.1.5-20080101
expat-2.0.1-20080101
apr-1.2.12-20080101
apache-2.2.10-20081111
png-1.2.24-20080101
libxslt-1.1.22-20080101
freetype-2.3.5-20080101
jpeg-6b-20080101
gd-2.0.35-20080101
apache-php-5.2.8-20081209_kolab2
config-20060923-20080101
imapd-2.3.13-20081020_kolab4
php-5.2.8-20081209_kolab2
perl-term-5.10.0-20080116
perl-sys-5.10.0-20080101
diffutils-2.8.7-20080101
bzip2-1.0.5-20080318
gzip-1.3.12-20080101
perl-mail-5.10.0-20080117
perl-ssl-5.10.0-20080101
perl-conv-5.10.0-20080101
perl-crypto-5.10.0-20080101
perl-locale-5.10.0-20080112
perl-text-5.10.0-20080101
lzo-2.02-20080101
perl-comp-5.10.0-20080110
perl-parse-5.10.0-20080117
perl-xml-5.10.0-20080101
perl-net-5.10.0-20080101
perl-www-5.10.0-20080103
perl-ldap-5.10.0-20081028_kolab1
perl-db-5.10.0-20080118
curl-7.17.1-20080101
bc-1.06-20080101
pkgconfig-0.23-20080117
gmp-4.2.2-20080101_kolab
clamav-0.95.3-20091030

I think that these 78 rpms should be available via the build service (if that
would be possible). The other rpms (~50) are to build and maintained, via the
build service.

The rpms are installed in /kolab and this directory has the following layout:
# ls -1 /kolab
.bash_login
.bashrc
bin
cgi
etc
.history
include
info
lib
libexec
local
man
pub
README
RPM
sbin
share
var

Would it make sense to pack the before mentioned rpms and have them somehow
transferred to you?

--
Richard