Re: [opensuse-buildservice] /dev/pts/* being chowned outside chroots
  • From: Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 11:45:51 +0100
Luke Imhoff wrote:
What you're seeing is fine, assuming that /dev/pts/25 doesn't get
chowned to 399:399 all of a sudden when you're still using it. This in
use chowning is what is affecting my users. The problem is I couldn't
figure out how to determine which user or script is doing the chown
since inotify doesn't include an actor field to determine who did the
change.

Try auditctl. But then the build script has some pretty obvious chown -R
399:399 so the question probably rather is why does that recurse to /dev/pts?
Do you use the rsync option with some weird parameter maybe?

cu
Ludwig

--
(o_ Ludwig Nussel