[opensuse-buildservice] openSUSE Build Service 1.7.0 RC 1
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 11:30:45 +0100

We are happy to announce that we reached a state which can
be considered as final version of 1.7.0.

No more changes, except for the version number are planned
until 1.7.0 final release next week.

We fixed a number of issues since beta 3, esp

* fixed references to static.opensuse.org got removed
* initial Kiwi 4.1 support
* attribute handling fixes
* various runtime error exceptions
* patchinfo handling

The release is available as version 1.6.99 in the
openSUSE:Tools:Unstable project:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/openSUSE:Tools:Unstable/

for openSUSE and SUSE Linux Enterprise platforms.

The OBS-Appliances needed larger changes, due to the fact
that we had to switch the used kiwi version to the original
version from openSUSE 11.2. Nevertheless they look good to
me right now :

http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/OBS-Appliance

New are the OBS Worker images to run just workers, without
the server.

I am right now not able to create XEN based images (without manual
boot loader config fixing), so this means secure builds are only running
on systems which work with kvm. Otherwise you get insecure chroot
build enviroments.

SUSE Linux Products GmbH