Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Request to define two new attributes
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 12:59:13 +0100
Am Montag, 1. Februar 2010 12:11:09 schrieb Stephan Kulow:
Am Montag 01 Februar 2010 schrieb Adrian Schröter:
So you want to have this as manually user setting unrelated to building ?
Exactly. We can later add a mechanism to take over the attributes into
building, but automatically picking upstream versions is too fragile, so
adding a reporting is the first step.I can also imagine a project setting
that takes upstream versions automatically, but I don't think this should
be the default.

Hm, I would go first to try to define URLs in our packages and try to
automatically check for new versions, before I would add a manual option
here.
The URL of packages is the home page not the upstream tar ball.

Right now we have the official place for it in package meta data. But I agree
completely that it shouldn't be there.

However, we might should sync the data initially.

And it should not be named UpstreamTarballURL than IMHO. Maybe UpstreamHomepage
?

How is this supposed to work ? Everybody can replace the attribute to
report that there is a new version ?

Yes, that was exactly the idea. We will have to experiment a bit, but I don't
expect huge SPAM potential. Of course not having history for attributes can
become a problem - but as I said: we need to experiment.

Okay, but when it is experimental, I don't want it in OBS: namespace. This is
what really everybody in his own instance is getting and should be able to rely
on (at least during 1.X timeline).

SUSE Linux Products GmbH