[opensuse-buildservice] OBS generates .ymp with non-exported repositories
  • From: Lubos Lunak <l.lunak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 14:34:17 +0100

Hello,

My problem: Go to http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php/WMIface?content=40425
and try to install the package on openSUSE. As kde-apps has OBS integration,
you can a link to 1-Click-Install file. However, if you just keep clicking
next-next-next, the install will fail, because the .ymp includes a repo under
home:llunak:distro: that is not published. The user has to find out that repo
has to be unchecked from the list of repos to use (and to make it more fun,
there's no way to go back, so the whole procedure has to be restarted).

Those home:llunak:distro: repositories are a bit like devel:tools:building,
they are used only to help building the packages and are not useful for
installing. As most of them don't contain any packages, they don't exist on
download.opensuse.org, and even if they did, I wouldn't want them to be
exported (devel:tools:building publishes the packages, that's why that one
works).

What can be done to fix this? Preferably without the workaround of including
some dummy package in each of those build repos, which would at least make it
work by letting people add that for them useless repository.

I had a look at the OBS sources and makeymp() in /src/backend/bs_repserver
makes all repos recommended except the one in the list, if it's not the only
one. I don't quite understand the logic, to me it looks like a hackish
attempt to avoid including openSUSE:* repos. Is there e.g. a flag that could
be set for a repo to say it should not be included there? The 'publish'
setting does not seem to be right, as that'd break the .ymp if the repo of
the package itself had publishing disabled at the moment.
There's 'binarydownload', but I assume that's something else, although I
don't know what it is for exactly.

--
Lubos Lunak
openSUSE Boosters team, KDE developer