Re: [opensuse-buildservice] kmp compile questions. where to ask?
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 23:05:07 +0100
Am Donnerstag, 14. Januar 2010 23:00:06 schrieb Greg Freemyer:
All,

I'm thinking of putting a kernel module on OBS (in my home dir for the
foreseeable future).

Part of it is going to be a patched ext4 kernel module and then a
brand new module. (ohsm).

I don't even know if it is technically possible to publish a patched
ext4 module and have it superseed the standard/released module. For
now, I'm only talking about doing this for the 2.6.32 kernel (ie.
KOTD).

Where should I ask questions about this process?

first of all read this:

http://developer.novell.com/wiki/index.php/Kernel_Module_Packages_Manuals

It is written for SLES 9-11, but should work similar on openSUSE.

Afterwards either ther opensuse-kernel ml or the -packaging ml may be helpfull.

bye
adrian

fyi: I've done a couple normal packages via OBS, so I think I know the
basics, but a kmp is brand new to me.

Thanks
Greg

SUSE Linux Products GmbH