Re: [opensuse-buildservice] building cross distribution packages
  • From: Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas <pedro.lopez.cabanillas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 16:25:22 +0100
On Tuesday, January 5, 2010, Lubos Lunak wrote:
It may be comfortable a single .spec file for all distros, but this
universal .spec file is not going to work later when used inside another
 RPM build environment, for instance in Mandriva's Cooker.

 That's why I did it, to have only one .spec file. Adding few macros and
substitutes is certainly simpler than unifying whole .spec rules for
different distros. But that's your choice.

My question is: If I get a source RPM from Mandriva and extract the source
tarball and the spec, with these files I can't build the RPM for Mandriva in
my OBS project. Same for Fedora packages. Why?

It is not the same for Ubuntu. I can build Ubuntu packages without adding
anything to the prjconf settings.

Regards,
Pedro