Re: [opensuse-buildservice] building cross distribution packages
  • From: Lubos Lunak <l.lunak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 14:36:33 +0100
On Tuesday 05 of January 2010 10:13:02 Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas wrote:
It may be comfortable a single .spec file for all distros, but this
universal .spec file is not going to work later when used inside another
RPM build environment, for instance in Mandriva's Cooker.

That's why I did it, to have only one .spec file. Adding few macros and
substitutes is certainly simpler than unifying whole .spec rules for different
distros. But that's your choice.

I would prefer
to use three different .spec files for openSUSE, Fedora and Mandriva
instead of scattering many conditional rules: %if 0%{?suse_version}, %if
0%{?fedora}, %if 0%{?mdkversion} ...

http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Tips_and_Tricks#Using_different_spec_files_for_different_platforms

I would like to help testing and documenting cross distribution build
procedures, but for me the web interface is the killer feature of OBS.

--
Lubos Lunak
openSUSE Boosters team, KDE developer