Re: [opensuse-buildservice] _workerstatus returning wrong info and other questions
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 16:51:26 +0100
Another question I have has to do with rpm selection.
Let's say we have a package, foo, which lots of other packages depend
on (BuildRequires: foo). Let's also say that foo has been replaced by
bar, and bar's specfile has this: "Provides: foo" and "Obsoletes:
foo", and that foo and bar and the other packages are all in the same
project. Why isn't bar being installed in favor of foo?

If you have two packages with same provides name you get an expansion error.
Unlike rpm/zypper/yum/apt/... the OBS needs a unique definition to guarantee
that
a rebuild is reproducable.

So you need either the prefer one of them or remove the other one.

Apart from that, bar should be used if it provides foo.

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH