[opensuse-buildservice] _workerstatus returning wrong info and other questions
  • From: Jon Nelson <jnelson-suse@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 12:29:39 -0600
 I have a local OBS instance, and I have _3_ problems/questions I was hoping
 to get some help with.

 I am running 1.6.0-7.2 on openSUSE 11.2

 1. When I call /build/_workerstatus, I get back XML (as expected) but the
 contents are wrong.

 Specifically, I have *4* workers configured for the local host, but I get
 back *5* <building/> elements.
 One of the elements is just plain wrong.  The workerid is the duplicated
 from one of the others, it's starttime value doesn't change even after
 multiple restarts of the worker, and so on. What's going on here?  Is this
 related to the (still unfixed?) bug where one cannot reduce the number of
 workers?

 2. When can we expect the next 'stable'-ish release of the obs server
 component? Recent versions of osc seem to have their fair share of issues
 with obs 1.6.

 3. Sometimes my builds seem to get stuck in loops.  Usually, some core
 library like libtool or glibc changes, and that kicks off a rebuild of,
 well, everything. It seems, then, that things get stuck in a loop and some
 packages get rebuilt multiple times, and yet there are no obvious loops
 present in the dependencies. What might be going on, and how do I diagnose

--
Jon