Re: [opensuse-buildservice] publishing linked packages
  • From: Wolfgang Rosenauer <wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 14:14:28 +0100
On 12/02/2009 02:09 PM, Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Mittwoch, 2. Dezember 2009 14:06:42 schrieb Wolfgang Rosenauer:
Hi,

I've raised that issue long time ago already but there was no real
outcome IIRC.

As I'm managing a a popular repository which should be kept as stable
and reliable as possible I turning publishing off when I prepare a new
update package. I do that even before upstream released the update
officially to be able to release it at about the same time.
Now as the repo is popular there are people linking to packages from
there but in their repos publishing is not disabled and the packages
might get picked up as if they were final or whatever.

How to avoid that?

Well, we make everything accessable by design.

But what I would suggest in your case would be that you work with two
projects, one mozilla:STABLE and one mozilla:UNSTABLE.

You can prepare the release in unstable and submit or copy source from there
to STABLE.

I'm not convinced about that since the build time in OBS sometimes is
just too slow and when I move a final release I never know when it will
be available for download. For security updates I don't want that. I'm
caring about the fact that my security updates are available at the same
time as upstream releases. I want to just switch a flag to publish
packages otherwise I'm getting turnaround times in bad situations which
are not acceptable (to me).
In addition I by far enough mozilla repositories to care about (I still
could use mozilla:beta but given the above I don't see that as an option).

Wolfgang