Re: [opensuse-buildservice] osbs vs launchpad (was: Ubuntu backports)
  • From: Richard Bos <rbos@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 17:40:38 +0100
Hi Adrian,

Op zondag 29 november 2009 17:14:33 schreef Adrian Schröter:
Btw what are the differences between launchpad (you build ubuntu
packages with) and opensuse-buildservice? What are the (dis)advantages
of both?

Well, you ask someone who has a pretty clear opinion about that, but is of
course not neutral ;) I would compare one of them as tool and one as toy

(OBS supports not only ubuntu, but also non-deb stuff like rpm and kiwi. It
also allows developer to reuse work of others, allows entire distribution
and product building support, supports more sophisticated stuff like
reproducable builds server and client side build support, has collaboration
features, adds automatically building (important for QA and clean builds)
and I could continue for a while here ;)

Well as you're on this topic, what is bad (as you can't be neutral probably)
with: http://trac.project-builder.org/
Nicer asked, what are the differences between the osbs and project-builder.
Do the same differences count, as you summed up for launchpad?

--
Richard