Re: [opensuse-buildservice] review system
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 08:51:48 +0100
Am Montag, 16. November 2009 18:52:13 schrieb Robert Schweikert:
Andreas Jaeger wrote:
On Monday 16 November 2009 17:59:46 Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Montag, 16. November 2009 16:53:08 schrieb Andreas Jaeger:
On Monday 16 November 2009 16:02:41 Adrian Schröter wrote:
Hello,

please have a look at the draft for the upcomming review system:

http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Concepts/Review

Due to the urgently need of such thing for maintenance, I am about to
implement this. But it can of course need some discussion.

The example uses "superseded" but does not contain a "superseded_by"
which is required. This looks wrong, isn't it?

The superseded_by is store in the request state. Not for the review
state.

Because you can supersed only the entire request, it makes no sense to
supersed a single review, IMHO.

The text says " superseded_by is required on superseded state. ".

I'm not a build service developer but for me the documentation is not
sufficient, it just does not look completely how you have written it.

Perhaps you just have to rewrite the description to make it clearer. To
me it the above quote says "the superseded review state needs a
superseded_by attribute",

I agree, if the state is superseded I would want to have some kind of
reference to the request that superseded the request I am looking at. It
appears to me a superseded_by attribute is needed.

This is part of the entire request, so this is just an extension of the
request system:

http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Concepts/Requests

It would look like this:

<request>
<review state="superseded" ...>

<state name="superseded" superseded_by=0815 ...>
</request>

As written before, it makes no sense just to supersede one review element. The
entire request must be superseded, because it has changed in any of its
actions, some might be removed or new added.

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH