[opensuse-buildservice] Categories in .desktop files OpenSuse 11.1/2
  • From: Carsten Gerlach <daswaldhorn@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 21:59:09 +0100
Hello,

I'm building packages for a program which uses the line

"Categories=GNOME;Application;AudioVideo;"

in the .desktop file and get the error message

"ERROR: No sufficient Category definition:
/usr/src/packages/BUILDROOT/nted-1.9.6-13.1.x86_64//usr/share/applications/nted.desktop"

when I build for OpenSuse 11.1 or 11.2. In the build for 11.0 is all ok.

Well, in the build-log I get the warning, that "Application" is deprecated, so
I update the .desktop file with

"# %suse_update_desktop_file -r %{name} GNOME AudioVideo"

to remove the entry "Application". But the error is not gone. So I found out
that the values "GNOME" and "AudioVideo" are not accepted by OBS but as
written in http://standards.freedesktop.org/menu-spec/latest/apa.html
"AudioVideo" and "GNOME" are valid values. So it would be great, when you can
update the building rules that this values are accepted in the future.

Greetings and thanks, Carsten

PS: my username is "daswaldhorn" and the project is "nted", if it is importand
for you.

PPS: In the build-log was written, that one should contact stbinner@xxxxxxx in
the case of this error. I tried it, but the email adress is not valid.

--
Hier ist mein öffentlicher GPG-Schlüssel:
http://daswaldhorn.funpic.de/gpg.html