Re: [opensuse-buildservice] support for http range requests
  • From: Marcus Hüwe <suse-tux@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 17:48:17 +0200
On 2009-10-14 16:44:52 +0200, Michael Schroeder wrote:
On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 04:21:11PM +0200, Marcus Hüwe wrote:
If there are no objections I'm going to commit it and the next step will be
to implement range support in BSServerEvents::reply_file (or rather in the
corresponding "stream" functions).

I think your change breaks the magic "split/join logfile stream request"
code in BSWatcher.pm, which currently relies on advancing a
"start" cgi parameter and doesn't look at http headers.

Hmm what do you exactly mean? Currently we pass the range header to the
BSWatcher::rpc(..) call, which does some "magic" and finally the request
hits the worker which simply uses BSHTTP::reply_file(..) to fullfil the
range request (in case a range header was specified). So the rpc magic
should still work correctly (at least I hope so:) / couldn't find a place
where the current code might break the rpc stuff).

Marcus