Re: [opensuse-buildservice] support for http range requests
  • From: Luke Imhoff <luke@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 09:44:10 -0500
Michael Schroeder wrote:
On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 09:39:10AM -0500, Jon Nelson wrote:
bytes. Using the range header instead of several parameters is, IMO, a
more elegant solution and puts the request at the proper layer. I'd
rather see Range headers used than yet-another
range-like-thing-that-isn't-ranges. In this case, I see it as a
correction. ;-)

Yes, but I was talking about a user's point of view. I don't want
bytes, I want lines.

Cheers,
Michael.

Does the server have to exactly respect the range request or can it round to the line and in the return headers inform the client that it gave a slightly different range?