[opensuse-buildservice] Build Team Meeting
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 11:48:07 +0200

present: mls, bg, cwh, lrupp, mmaier, adrian

Topics
======
* Status Round
* Next steps
* Hardware status

Status Round
============

* mls switched scheduler opensuse.org OBS to new SAT solver code.
Expansions run 10 times faster, we have almost no queue of high or
med prio events anymore (finished -> succeeded/failed transisition
should be much faster).
However, this pretty much new code, please report behaviour changes or
problems. Changed parts are:
- package dependency expansion calculation
- package ordering
- meta file generation
- replacement of :full.cache (perl structured) with solv files

* adrian
back from vacation, working on backlog.

* mmaier
dig into ruby on rails code, will try to implement some features from
junior jobs page.

Next Steps
==========

* Highest priority have 11.2/SLE 11 SP1 requirements
- source link forwarder (make it possible to link against :Update project,
even if package is not there yet).
- clarify and implement the maintained product list and search handling
- fix debug package handling in kiwi.

* implement binary cache handling for bs_worker.
This should reduce load on our main backend server and make it faster.
AI: adrian configure cache partitions on build hosts.

* source service setup: AI: adrian get hardware for it installed.

* Check status of application list interface for external web pages.

Hardware status

* 5 new build hosts got installed (buil30-build34), 12 instances each
* 4 from the 8 build2X are still running, but with reduced IO speed.
We will enabled the other discs again, but this might cause instabilities
again.

SUSE Linux Products GmbH