Re: [opensuse-buildservice] osc 0.121 candidate
  • From: Peter Poeml <poeml@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 11:51:36 +0200
On 2009-09-02 12:05:19 -0500, Jon Nelson wrote:
there were plenty changes in osc svn, so it is time for a new release.
However, there might be unwanted incompatibilities, so I prepared first a
candidate in openSUSE:Tools:Unstable

I'd like to see the

File `somefile' is not in package meta. Would you like
skip/remove/edit file lists/commit/abort? (s/r/e/c/A)

part removed. I personally find it very annoying.
Also, the question itself doesn't really make sense.

If you want to disable this check add "check_filelist = 0" to the
"[general]"
section in your ~/.oscrc. IMHO it would be better if it only checks for
files
which are referenced in the spec file (SourceX, PatchX etc) instead of
checking
all files in the working copy.

OK. I have a few suggestions then:

1. document this. I don't see a sample oscrc anywhere in the package,
documenting all of the various options and such.

2. make the default, if no config item is present, to skip - this
preserves backwards compatability and allows those that desire to set
it up some other way.

3. Another option "warn" seems reasonable.

I couldn't agree more.

Peter

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Research & Development