Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Tools to copy/branch project for release
  • From: Luke Imhoff <luke@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 08:46:39 -0500
Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Dienstag, 1. September 2009 20:46:25 schrieb Luke Imhoff:
I recall either in the IRC channel or in this mailing list, that
openSUSE had a tool for copying/branching a openSUSE:Factory when it was
time for a release, such as openSUSE:11.0. Is this tool available for
use for other OBS instances?

In the past we did this manually, but there is a bs_admin --clone-repository call helping a bit meanwhile.

However, such a thing would be part of a real release management system within OBS. We thought about that but nothing is planned atm.

bye
adrian

Which version of obs-server was --clone-repository added? We're running 1.5 right now, and bs_admin --help is only showing --shutdown-scheduler, --check-project, --rescan-repository, --dump-cache, --dump-state, --check-meta-xml, --check-project-xml, --check-product-group-xml, and --check-kiwi-xml,