Re: [opensuse-buildservice] how to find out why a package is excluded from build?
  • From: Carsten Hoeger <choeger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 11:04:08 +0200
On Tue, Aug 11, Carsten Hoeger wrote:

looking at the above URL, I see that build is disabled for almost all
distributions/architectures except for openSUSE 11.1 on i586
(where the package does build) and except for xUbuntu, where the
package is probably ignored for only having a specfile and not a dsc-file
(AFAIK the latter distrubutions are deb-based and not rpm based)

In other words: could you try enabling the build flags for the
distributions disabled in the package flags (by clicking on the gearwheel
icon) ?

We discussed this on IRC yesterday, it was caused by a global setting in
choegers project that all repos are type "kiwi". So a spec file was not
appropriate and the scheduler excluded it.

Yap.
Adrian told me to add an if condition around the imaging stuff

%if "%_repository" == "images"
Type: kiwi
Repotype: none
Patterntype: none
%endif

Now it is working again, thanks for the help.

It would, however, make sense to somehow find out why a build is excluded,
e.g. an error message like "found no valid kiwi image description" or
something similar.

Hm, just noticed, that now the image builds are excluded...
So does that mean that I need to put the packages in a different project?

--
With best regards,

Carsten Hoeger