Re: [opensuse-buildservice] py_requires RPM macro doesn't seem to expand
  • From: Vincent Petry <PVince81@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2009 22:47:54 +0800

Hi Michal,

I used python-devel package in BuildRequires, and the %{py_requires}
macro seem to work. The resulting rpm now depends on python = 2.6

Thank you very much !

Vincent

Michal Vyskocil a écrit :
Dne neděle 02 Srpen 2009 06:35:05 Vincent Petry napsal(a):
Hi,

I am trying to compile a python module by following this
documentation: http://en.opensuse.org/Packaging/Python

The problem I meet with my local OBS build is that it says "Failed
build dependencies, can't find python". It looks like the
%{py_requires} macro is not expanded at all.

I tried another way by adding "BuildRequires: python =
%{py_ver}.%{py_ver}", but it seems that the %{py_ver} macro also
doesn't expand at all.

Those macros are defined in /etc/rpm/macros.python, which are in python-base
in openSUSE 11.1. I suggest you add the ``python-devel'' to BuildRequires,
because it (or dependent packages) contains everything for PYthon packaging.

Regards
MV