Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Translation of RPM fields
  • From: Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 07:36:33 +0200
Vincent Petry <pvince81@xxxxxxxx> writes:

1) Is there a way to provide translated "Summary" and "Description" fields in
the RPM spec file ?
2) Is this translation handled by the translation team, or should the
packagers try to provide it in as many languages as possible ?

Traditionally, we maintain these translations in
https://forgesvn1.novell.com/svn/suse-i18n/trunk/packages .

I'm not that sure whether we can actually feed these or new translations
into the spec files.

I didn't find any mention of this neither in the openSUSE packaging
guidelines nor the Fedora ones.

It would be great if you could document it.

--
Karl Eichwalder
R&D / Documentation