Re: [opensuse-buildservice] bs and ARM
  • From: "Jan-Simon Möller" <dl9pf@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 18:59:54 +0200
Am Dienstag 07 Juli 2009 18:11:05 schrieb Peter Czanik:
Hello,
Finally I got a little time, so I'd like to try to compile a few
packages for Debian ARM. Last time I worked with the BS, I used PPC and
openSUSE 11.0. Now looking for info, how to get started BS for ARM. So,
I got some questions:

- which version to use if I want to compile for ARM?
The stable version in openSUSE:Tools should to it. But the latest features are
in the version of openSUSE:Tools:Devel .

-
http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Build_Service_Installation_Tutorial
only has instructions up to openSUSE 11.0. Does the same apply for 11.1?
Is it the doc I should use for cross builds:
http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Concepts/CrossDevelopment ?
Should be same or only with little differences.

- Can I compile for Debian Lenny? (
http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Concepts/CrossDevelopment only
mentions Etch ) Some packages are not included in Debian Lenny for ARM,
which are available in Ubuntu and I'd try to recompile them for Debian...

yes, debian and ubuntu @arm are possible - see martin's post and the
download-on-demand feature

- is it already possible to boot openSUSE/ARM? Would be nice to see it
running at least in Qemu...
At least Base:build:arm is there atm. But no runnable images, yet.
Wait some days - I just borked it and need to recover. My bad.

Bye,
Jan-Simon