Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Build Service Project Cleanup Round
  • From: Christian <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 20:49:01 +0000
Hi,

Adrian Schröter schrieb:
Hello,

we got more than 6500 projects since the start of the opensuse.org Build
Service instance (plus the projects which got removed again by their owners).
These projects contain more than 13000 repositories, which get need to get in
sync by our service.

This takes obviously resources on the server side and quite a number of these
projects are not touched since a while. So I assume they are not needed
anymore.

not touching, does not mean not using/needed in any case.
I have a "frozen" project where no changes are allowed. It is use as a base.
And deleting it would be a pain.
For you it would look like an orphaned prj, but it isn't.
So I think it is a good idea to free the resources from these projects and
give it to us active people :)

This will basically affect all projects, where no source changes happened
since 1 year or more.

see above.
We have basically 961 "old projects" and further 2300 empty projects (no
packages inside).

I would agree to remove "empty projects", but would disagree to delete
orphaned projects.
A FAQ and a full list of "old projects" can be found here. Please speak up,
when you think this is no propper approach or if you want to support this :)

http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Regular_Cleanup

thanks
adrian

Chris