Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Build Team Meeting
  • From: Stephen Shaw <sshaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 12:50:34 -0600
On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 4:08 AM, Michael Schroeder <mls@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Password-less read-only access
------------------------------

discussed if we should drop password enforcement for read-only mode

advantages:
- people can have a look at build service features, download sources
- search engines will index the build service

It sucks that it would be a week of work, but I think it would appear
more open and inviting. Also, not everyone wants to create an account
for just 1 file. I think it might end up pushing people away?

Stephen

disadvantage:
- one week work for abauer

We'll probably do it unless some valid reasons come up against it.
Need some more input from build service community.

Cheers,
 Michael.